Protect the Hive: COVID-19 Planning and Resources
Campus Guidelines and Restrictions
Health and Safety
- Responsible, other-centered individual decisions aligned with public health guidance are the single-best way to “Protect the Hive” and the larger community from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In order to ensure the safest possible environment, our list of Community Safety Commitments applies equally to every member of the campus community (students, faculty and staff), every visitor and every vendor or contractor.
- Classes for winter term will begin on January 4. All classes, regardless of modality, will be online for everyone the first two weeks of the term. In-person class components can begin the week of January 19.
- Move-in will begin on January 15 for most residential students (residence assistants, international students and athletes have separate move-in dates, which have been communicated to them).
- Please note that we are continuing to carefully monitor public data, guidance and directives and will remain flexible to adjust plans if conditions significantly change. Students should watch their email for regular updates.
- See the Human Resources, COVID-19 Employee page for additional information such as COVID planning, returning to work, and additional resources, and frequently asked questions.
Campus Contact Information
Public Health Information
- Get the Facts About Coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Human Services
Messages to the Kalamazoo College Community
Please continue to send your questions to email@example.com, and they will be answered as soon as possible.