Protect the Hive: COVID-19 Planning and Resources
Campus Guidelines and Restrictions
Health and Safety
- All students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to arriving on campus next fall. Vaccine exemptions will be extremely rare and will NOT be granted for personal preference. Students who will be engaged in summer employment or other responsibilities on campus must have completed at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination at least two weeks prior to their intended start date.
- The College will phase out mask requirements when Michigan lifts its mandate on July 1. We strongly recommend that people who are not vaccinated continue to wear masks indoors and practice social distancing whenever possible. Additionally, we encourage the use of masks for anyone indoors if you are feeling ill. Anyone who feels more comfortable wearing masks even while vaccinated should feel welcome to continue masking up.
- In fall of 2021, we are planning for all classes to return to an in-person format. While some professors may incorporate virtual learning components into their classes, students should not expect to attend their classes virtually or have access to recordings of classes.
- See the Human Resources, COVID-19 Employee page for additional information such as COVID planning, returning to work, and additional resources, and frequently asked questions.
Campus Contact Information
Public Health Information
- Get the Facts About Coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- About COVID-19 Vaccines from the CDC
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Human Services
Messages to the Kalamazoo College Community
Please continue to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will be answered as soon as possible.